Call Me Today (May 21st) - How to Sell More CDs

SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAMEDY SPAM SPAMEDY SPAM Hey guys your good bud here. With some hot "pro" secret tips. And cause were such good friends I'm gonna include the sodomy for FREE at 20% off. With only three referals. This is a proven system. Millions and millions...................................................................................................................

Back when I was in high school in the late nineties, there were several highly publicized KKK rallies in Ann Arbor, where I grew up. The publicity stemmed from a petition by the local community to deny the klan any opportunity to march. Ann Arbor is a very liberal town, and they clearly weren't welcome, nor were they likely to find much support. People wanted to make that clear. However, the Ann Arbor police and Washtenaw county sherrif's departments were obligated to protect the KKK's first amendment rights.

Massive amounts of time and energy were spent preparing for the rally. Fences were erected at city hall behind which the klan could march in relative safety. A huge police force was assembled from all over Southeast Michigan, with the appropriate gear and equipment. The costs extended into hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Twice the klan came, and both times thousands of protesters screamed right back at them outside the kevlar walls. People threw rocks and bottles, clashed with suspected white supremacists as well as police, and both times ended up being tear-gassed and driven away by police in full riot gear. There were dozens of arrests that went on for months as police identified suspects from photographs and videos taken from the roof of the fire station across the street.

Someone finally realized that screaming back isn't always the best way to get someone's attention. Two years after the second riot, the klan staged another rally, but this time - after intense strategizing and discussion - NO ONE showed up to see them. I don't know how it went (since I wasn't there, of course), but I like to imagine them holding their dicks in front of a few hundred bored and disinterested police officers, wondering what the f*ck went wrong.

I hope the analogy I'm making isn't misunderstood. I certainly don't mean to imply that David Hooper is anything like the KKK, nor that completely ignoring a situation you're dissatisfied with is the best option. My point is that the kind of bickering I've seen tossed back and forth on this issue seems unskillfully chosen and, in the end, totally useless. People don't listen well when rocks are being thrown at them. Some people don't listen well under any circumstances, and in such cases there are other methods of dealing with them.

If you think it's inappropriate for users of this bulletin board to post such information, I recommend that you send that person a polite, specific message, asking them not to do so anymore. If they don't respond to your requests and are unwilling to engage you in any meaningful dialogue, then I suggest you simply don't read their posts anymore.

Thanks for your time,
Peter

Hey, I'm just one bad apple having a bit of fun. :D If it only happens every once in a while I don't really care if there is a bit of spam or a KKK rally. However I am going to point it out, make fun of it, and if it becomes a reaccurring inconvienient event I will make effort towards its demise. I do get you though leavings. It's the old "There is no such thing as bad press" addage.

yeah i believe in shooting spammers...and kkk members....just not kill shots...well maybe for spammers...kkk members should be shot in the ass

Giving this option for the people who want to call in. We had 153 on the line, so somebody wanted to hear what we had to say.

If you're not interested, just bypass the thread. Better yet, put me on your ignore list.

is it one of those Ms. Cleo type services where its like 3 bucks for the first minute and 99 cents each minute after that?

distortedrumble said:
is it one of those Ms. Cleo type services where its like 3 bucks for the first minute and 99 cents each minute after that?

No, as we said on the blog, it's a normal call to California. Probably just a few cents per minute for you.

distortedrumble said:
Careful with those! I heard it's really a guy on the other end of the line! :D

Public order banning of marches

With regard to the KKK rally, here in the UK the police can apply to ban a march in advance if they fear for public order. So to get future KKK marches banned you'd actualy have a better strategy to create mayhem, then next time the police would have a precedent in order to ban the march.

Over here we have the british national party (far right) and on occasion they have tried to march through ethnic areas which could obviously spark trouble, so the march has been banned.

Back