Cakewalk with Windows ME or 2000?

giaschel

Hello.
Does Cakewalk work well on Windows ME or 2000? I'll be getting a new computer soon with one of those and there is no Cakewalk version specifically for them. I'm thinking of getting Cakewalk as well. I'm wondering if it will fit well.

Thanks!

I just put cakewalk pro audio 9.02 on new AMD 1000mhz computer i built with windows ME(mistake). It works fine. Unfortunately it was one of the only things that worked fine. Some devices use special drivers for windows ME and 98 drivers won't work, like SB LIVE for instance. Something as simple as changing the video setting in a game destroyed it so badly it had to be reinstalled. Some programs won't work with it also but cakewalk and my Midiman Delta 66 worked without a hitch. I don't think Windows ME is much of an improvement over anything. If it comes on a computer already pre-configured i guess it's allright. My opionion.

I've just started learning Cakewalk with Win2K.
It seems to work OK for audio, but the metronome
timing seems to be wrong when there's a lot of
stuff going on.

I haven't tried it with the Win 95/98/ME family.
I hope I don't have to resort to that.

(Background: for those who don't know, Windows 2000
is derived from NT, while Windows ME is based on
Windows 95/98.)

Is that all there is to say?

That's not much information so far!
Does anyone else have some information on which operating system would be best for use with Cakewalk9?

whitey

For what it's worth, I am running Cakewalk PA9 on Windows ME with absolutely no problems. My setup is a Dell PIII 733 Mhz, 256K memory, 30 Gig 7200 rpm IDE drive, CD Burner, and a Delta 1010 Sound Card.

However I only use the system exclusively as a DAW - no games and no other apps per se. I use the Win98 Drivers for the Delta Card and they work fine.

Whiteyscar wrote:
"What do you mean you use windows 98 drivers for the delta- ya lost me there.....
How many tracks can you get going (audio)?

The Delta 1010 manufacturer (M-Audio) has not written any drivers specifically for Windows ME yet. Therefore, if you plan to run any Delta cards under ME you will need to use the Win 98 version of the drivers.

So far the most tracks I've used in a song are around 12 (all audio, I don't work with MIDI). However, each of these tracks also had FX on them (primarily reverb or delay).

stutters with win 2k

I recently loaded windows 2000 on my studio pc to see how it would work with cakewalk.
i'm getting a lot of stuttering (dropouts) i've tried several different drivers for my sound card with no luck.
the cd player works fine. when i play mp3's there is no problem.
when i try to use cakewalk i get nothing but stutters.
i have several saved bun projects, when i load them on the new os i get the dropouts.
mabe i'll try recording something new and see if i get the same problem.
i don't think turtle beach have developed win 2k drivers yet.
any idea's
dave

to me or not to me

Ive been working with cakewalk 9.03 and win me since it came out so far no problems
go for it !!!

wari

Back