cakewalk vst support

erichenryus

i just got an email from cakewalk about their new $39 vst support. anyone tried it yet? man, they get you coming and going don't they?

DAMMIT! :mad:

I live in Norway and I am not allowed to order software from Cakewalk via Internett. I have to wait till it comes to Norway... :(

yeah, i'm gonna have to pop for that. i've tried the others and vst just seems to be more stable than dxi, at least with kontakt it is. Pluse all the wavelab plug ins will now be available directly in sonar! Right?

moskus said:
DAMMIT! :mad:

I live in Norway and I am not allowed to order software from Cakewalk via Internett. I have to wait till it comes to Norway... :(

But it's a download! Jeez!

Can't I order and download it for you? That you pay me by Paypal or something like that?

I got it as part of Project5. It seems to be an upgrade of the FXpansion wrapper (which Cakewalk has bought out). Works well in Sonar and Project5.

Take Care

I used Directixer for some time now. It worked very well. Got Project 5 with VST wrapper included this month. I'm now using both.

-Some VSTs won't register in Directixer (duplicate keys). now I can register it in wrapper with no problem
-Wrapper rejects even more VSTs with some message I don't understand. I have as yet not found any VSTs that is being rejected by both!!
-Directixer put VSTs in sub directories in Sonar which makes it much easier to use.

BloodHound said:

-Wrapper rejects even more VSTs with some message I don't understand.
That's not good news! Strange! I have very few problems with the fxPansion wrapper...

Here are some examples:

Consol VST - Disable to load skin files
CSL - Failed to load skin files
Fxpansion DR002 - This application has failed to start because GuLib.dll was not found. Re-installing the applicatio may fix this problem

(this one is strange as it comes from the same company)

Back