Cakewalk volume controls

mutt

I recently recorded a song using a Kurzweil PC88MX and an Alesis SR16 drum machine. WHen using the mixer view on Cakewalk, I can control the volume of the individual voices on the Kurz, but moving the volume controls on the Cakewalk mixer will not change the volumes on the Alesis sounds. ANy ideas??

mutt

just a wild guess

I may be way off here, but I think the volume of the individual sounds on the SR-16 is controlled by velocity, I have one but I haven't tried it through midi. I don't use it anymore, and its been awhile since I have, so I'm not sure.

TX

sr-16

Mutt
To the best of my knowledge you can not do this. I have spent so many hours chasing the answer, it's ridiculous. That includes several chats with Cake's techies, several posts to this and other
forums, and God know's how long on trying to get something out of Alesis's web site.
It is velocity that needs to be sent to the sr, as mentioned.....

My Workaround:
You can adjust the notes velocity in the piano roll view, individually or whatever quantity of notes you select with the pencil tool or
what I usually do is add cake's "velocity" effect on the channel,
when you want to adjust the fader (ha, ha) open the effect and
set "change velocities by" to whichever way you need to go.
This is destructive. If you have varying note levels and accidentally
hit the "set all notes to 100" you will be bummed out, so be careful.
Hope this reply works, playing hell with logging in and some new stuff I don't remember having to do.......Scooter

Back