Cakewalk tech support stinks.

bvd

My hope is that Cakewalk employees will read this.

Yeah, I'm the guy whose been bitching about Sonar's track view
and again .. thanx to all who answered me. Most of you are very happy with it and don't seem to really know what I'm talking about, and that's fine. I don't need anyone to agree with me and I don't need to be right. Barring any more suggestions you may have for me the issue is closed in this forum.

Cakewalk tech support has ALWAYS been excellent to me, until now. I sent several emails to Cakewalk tech support about this and they responded with bullshit, patronizing answers that
made it obvious they weren't really listening to me. Telling me to read the manual (which I've done twice now) and reminding me that I can change the heading info order in the .ini file (something I don't care about whatsoever), assures me that they didn't READ my questions and that they'd rather receive all praise and no criticism.
No, I don't need them to recall Sonar and redesign it to my liking.
But some kind of acknowledgement would have been fine. And just maybe I'd be pleasantly surprised with version 4.0.

I guess no one is allowed to even question the almighty Sonar.
Good work Cakewalk, you've got yourself a real CORPORATE attitude now.

Like another post said, nobody's holding a gun to your head and MAKING you use Sonar. CWPA9 worked fine ... stay with it if you want to. Then you might spend more time making music and less time whining. No offense, but it's unproductive.

...Always post here the copy of the Emails. You'll realized on how different we respond posts here. May be you get different style of answer here, but hey... ain't that good to have a different view. ;)

Jaymz

You'll have better luck posting this on the Sonar newsgroup. I know that is monitored by Cakewalk employees. Don't ever recall seeing one here (although they could be lurking).

The server is news.cakewalk.com and the forum to subscribe to is product.sonar

You'll also find some very knowledgeable people there. In general I happen to prefer this forum as I find the people are friendlier and I like the web-based model better than an e-mail based forum. Plus Acidrock promised me that I'll become cool by hanging out here. Nonetheless, there is still a wealth of knowledge on the Sonar newsgroup, and it is hosted and watched by Cakewalk.

For me, when I say a company's tech support stinks -- I mean they have a busy telephone, don't reply to my emails, etc. I've been on the receiving end of some LOUSY tech support (can you say MOTU?). At least these guys answered your email!

Tech support in my opinion is there to help people use the product as it is today. It seems like you don't like an aspect of how the product is designed. Fine, that's your perogative. But its not really a tech support issue, its a product design issue.

Yah, the answers you got back may have seemed to be off-topic. One of the hardest jobs a tech support dept. has to deal with is when the product is the way it is and its not going to change right now. Some reps are better than others at tap dancing - but very few (that stay working at least) say what they want to say -- "Its the way the product is, use it or go elsewhere!"

-lee-

Back