cakewalk probs with soundforge

Gag

hey, can anybodody help me out?I had a song almost completed when a friend suggested to use soundforge to tweak a specific trac in cakewalk.The modified trac sounded great with the new effect added but when we put it back into cakewalk and pressed play it immediately dropped out and continues to do so even after deleting said trac, unfortunately I did not have a back up.Any help would be most welcome thanks.Gag

I use multiple soundforge effects on multiple tracks in my cakewalk songs with no problems, but I have a pretty fast PC setup. Are you getting processor or disk-related dropouts? What are the stats on your PC?

Did you try rebooting the PC? I get random dropouts that are fixed with a reboot or restart of cakewalk...

Not exactly sure what your problem is.

You should be able to use SoundForge effects directly in Cakewalk. Just patch the effect onto the track. All of SoundForge's directX effects should show in your Cakewalk effects menu. Generally you should not need to open SF to use an SF effect.

However, if you do want to work with a CW track in SF, all you need to do is highlight the track in CW, then select SF from your tools menu. This will open SF with the selected track. Make your changes and close SF. It will ask if you want to save it. Select yes. When you go back to CW, you will get a prompt telling you the track has been changed and do you want to reload it. Again select yes, and... voila.

Be aware that changes made in SF are destructive edits. It is probably a good idea to clone the track first and archive it. Then work with the copy, just in case!

thanks guys for the replies, first off I' m sure this is not a disk related prob my other tunes are fineI should reiterate a bit and mention that I took a trac out of cakewalk then into soundforge modified it and returned to cakewalk.Now when I open cakewalk everthing looks great until I hit play then it immediatly drops out.I,m not a whiz at this stuff yet but it,s a definite hassle when this shite happens. I have a few effects I use but have never used forge before anyways thanks again any more info would be welcome, chow Gag .

Thanks for all your input folks again but I seemed to have solved the problem. I just compacted and cleaned the audio disk and voila I'm back in biz. I think I'm getting the hang of this home recording stuff...... NOT!!!!
Chow
- Gag

Back