Cakewalk Problem, Help!

tddrummer

I've been using cakewalk to record some small acoustic demos to get a feel of the program. After recording 2 simple songs something screwed up:eek:.

I set an arm for recording, and then I press record, then I get a sort of hissing and popping that wasnt there before (i previously had a nice clear recording). It even happens with no line in plugged up, but goes away when I turn the soundcard down.

I've done several things to solve the problem, and expected a simple solution, but I'm having difficulties. I've tried uninstalling, and re-installing the program=no solution, still have popping. It is so severe that the audio I record fluctuates up and down and really sounds horrible:mad:.

The problem also happens when I import a file into cakewalk, and it dosn't occur on my other software, so I dont think it's a soundcard problem.

Please someome help! I really like this program, and really want to use it in the future. Thanks

As asked already, what Cakewalk program?

PC?
What operating system?
What soundcard?
Have you installed the latest drivers for the soundcard?

This is just to get started helping you.

Your recorded wav-files are still OK (if you play them in some other program than "cakewalk")?

Have you run the audio profiler lately?

I'm pretty shure its cakewalk music creator 3 (im at school right now)..I use a PC (dell)..im not quite shure what an audio profiler is...but I have recorded audio on the "sound recorder" program that comes with the computer and the problem didnt happen, so I'm shure it cant be the sound card, can it?

Could it possibly be a hardware problem?I would eliminate that possibility right off the bat.
Also check your input routing,are you getting sound,just hiss or both?

Both, I have cakewalk music creator 2 as well and it works fine so the problem is only on this one...definetly not hardware

You are probably using the asio drivers. In the second tab, find where you can switch to wdm mode. You'll have to close down the program I think. Then when it opens up, it will run the wave profiler. I am NOwhere near moskus et al on Sonar, but I know this will show the wave profiler, unless I'm a nutjob. But, also, I use Sonar PE 6.2 so I may be unfamiliar with your version of software.

The problem is that it is not Sonar we are discussing, it's Music Creator. ;)

For all I know it doesn't have a Audio Profiler (but I find it unlikely if it supports audio)...

Back