cakewalk pro audio 8

coffeeandtv

someone is offering me a copy of cakewalk pro audio 8 is this a good program? I do mostly for rock, some midi stuff, and effects are always a plus, is this program good for my needs, or should I invest in something like cool edit pro or n-track?

Why don't you try Home Studio 2002 from cakewalk? Lets you do multi-track recording and midi for $129.

You may get frustrated with cw 8, many drop-outs and restrictions. Its very dated now.

Try this:

http://store.yahoo.com/cakewalkdirect/retail-software.html

You could always try CW 8 express for $29 and then upgrade to HS2002 for $49. HS2002 is basically a cut down version of Sonar, hence its description of "Sonar Lite" as you sometimes see it referred to.

should I invest in something like cool edit pro
Well.... I've tried the mulitracking with CoolEdit, and Cakewalk Pro Audio 8 is WAY better! (My opinion, that is....)

cakewalk home studio 2002

Paul881 said:
Why don't you try Home Studio 2002 from cakewalk? Lets you do multi-track recording and midi for $129.

You may get frustrated with cw 8, many drop-outs and restrictions. Its very dated now.

Try this:

http://store.yahoo.com/cakewalkdirect/retail-software.html

You could always try CW 8 express for $29 and then upgrade to HS2002 for $49. HS2002 is basically a cut down version of Sonar, hence its description of "Sonar Lite" as you sometimes see it referred to.

I've seen some on ebay brand new for 50-60 in the box....but i've heard mixed reviews about it, i'm new to recording do you think it's good for a beginner?

coffeeandtv wrote:

i'm new to recording do you think it's good for a beginner?

Most definately! Why? Cos I'm a beginner too, I think its perfect, not too difficult to use, got ample tools. Just right in fact. And an excellent upgrade path.

I've had it since Sept 2001, before that cw 8.0 express and before that GT demo. I wish I had jumped in straight away to HS2002 but it wasn't around then. Good luck with your decision.

Back