Cakewalk Mix down issues

jco1954

Hello, a former lurker here. I have been using the old Cakewalk Guitar Pro 2 for about a year and have had some success & some failures, but definitely learning. I recently bought some KRK monitors and went back to some older projects. After doing some tweaks, I tried to do another mixdown only to have the message abort mixdown pop up. Has anyone had this happen? Is there a fix? Also one last question, is there a way to import an old project that is in MP3 format now. I had to delete the original project due to lack of RAM. I've since added RAM and an external hard drive. Thanks!

It would help if you told us what the error message said! :D

No, you cannot make a new mix from an MP3 file.

--Ethan

Ethan, Thanks for replying. A small box pops up and only says mixdown aborted. Is there a way to convert the MP3 back to a wave file? Thanks!

ido1957, Duh!! I actually thought of that about a half an hour ago, but thanks! Now, if I can figure out this mixdown aborted thing, I'll be all set. Thanks again.

Now, if I can figure out this mixdown aborted thing, I'll be all set.

Wow, what a useless error message. You should call Cakewalk or ask in their forum what triggers that specific message.

Also, Cakewalk should be able to load an MP3 file onto an audio track without first converting it to a Wave file. But you won't be able to mix the levels etc.

--Ethan

Thank you for your replies. Good news! I got it figured out! I did convert from MP3 to wave and was able to do what I wanted. I read on the Cakewalk Forum that you can not use asterisks, pound signs and a few others in the file name. I had used mix #2. After deleting the # it worked. Another lesson learned.

Man this abort mixdown is getting old. I thought I had it figured out, but nooo. I guess I'll try calling Cakewalk. The last time I tried, they weren't excited about offering advice on a discontinued product. I had to beg the guy and he finally gave a couple of tips about latency. If I could just get this last song mixed down, I would consider a new program. I liked using the old Guitar Pro 2 because it was easy. I like something that looks and operates like a real mixing desk. Anyone know of a program that doesn't cost an arm & a leg? Thanks!

Ok, so I tried again but before I started the mixdown, I unplugged the USB Interface and it worked. I don't understand but I'll take it!

Back