Cakewalk HS 2002 with Echo Layla 24 *HELP*

rvdsm

I'm researching info for someone who is using this program so I'm just looking for suggestions on how to possibly fix the situation. I don't know what kind of computer is running the program, but I do know that the OS is Windows XP of some variety.

Well anyway, while trying to access the I/O of a Layla 24 unit and error comes up that says the drivers either do not support the format in use or that another program is using the device. Does anyone know what might be causing this problem?

Hmmmm....a layla 24 ay?

<<Does anyone know what might be causing this problem?>>

to:RVDSM

Hi. I think finding out what the computer is and what it's capable of would be the place to start.

Concerning error messages, I like to delude myself into believing if you Ignore the error message long enough, the f---ing thing will go away.

That's probably somewhat unscientific. Really Dude, what is the computer? that's your first stop on the trouble shooting journey :)

Meanwhile, I'll go and look up the layla 24. it sounds juicy :)

Sounds like you might have a second sound card in the system. Perhaps one that is integrated in the Mobo.

I would try disabling the second card in both the BIOS and WinXp, then delete the "aud.ini" file in the appropriate HS2002 directory, and then try relaunching HS2002.

Also in the HS2002 menu's look for Options > Audio > Advanced. There should be a checkbox for "share drivers with other programs." Check that off as well. (I use Sonar, so I am assuming HS2002 has a similar feature.)

There are other ways around this, but if you don't need the second sound card for anything, this is probably the most straight-forward.

rvdsm said:
I'm researching info for someone who is using this program so I'm just looking for suggestions on how to possibly fix the situation. I don't know what kind of computer is running the program, but I do know that the OS is Windows XP of some variety.

Well anyway, while trying to access the I/O of a Layla 24 unit and error comes up that says the drivers either do not support the format in use or that another program is using the device. Does anyone know what might be causing this problem?

First off, HS2002 doesn't support cards with more than 2 inputs or 24/96 - only 24/48. It also doesn't have ASIO driver support.

Your Layla is going to waste with HS2002. You should upgrade to HS2.

Back