Cakewalk Home Studio 2002 newbie question - adjusting levels

Bluesyone

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I will preface this by saying this is a pretty stupid question, but nonetheless...

recording digital audio in Cakewalk HS 2002... I record a track... I go to record a 2nd track and can barely hear what I'm playing (guitar). My question is, which levels or settings do I adjust to boost the volume on the track I'm recording (I don't want to select (S)olo track)? I was playing around just before and did it in the console view, by decreasing the slider on the recorded track and increasing on the new track, but don't know if that's the logical way to do it...

thanks!

are you using a preamp? Running your guitar directly into the input on your soundcard? using a mic?

If you're running your guitar directly into a mic input on a soundcard, the level will be way too low. You'll need a preamp to go between the guitar and the soundcard.

I am running my guitar into a new Korg Ampworks box I just got.

frego said:
are you using a preamp? Running your guitar directly into the input on your soundcard? using a mic?

If you're running your guitar directly into a mic input on a soundcard, the level will be way too low. You'll need a preamp to go between the guitar and the soundcard.

Back