Cakewalk Guitar Track??

carter238898

Anyone here have any experience or opinions on Guitar Track? I recently downloaded the demo/trial version.

I've tried Ableton Live, Reaper and Audacity and all have either latency issues, or loud pops and clicks when used on my system with my TonePort UX2. Not the case at all with Guitar Track. Everything sounds amazing and it's cheap too.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

I use Guitar Tracks Pro3, and like it very much. I don't do any midi, so it suits my needs nicely. I prefer it's straightforward, simple to use features to some other programs I have tried.

My father uses a Toneport UX2 with Guitar Tracks and other Cakewalk programs with no issues at all. Sometimes USB devices can have latency problems. I used to use a USB device, but I was lucky and never had those issues. I have since moved on to a PCI interface for a higher simultaneous track count.

Guitar Tracks doesn't seem to be one of the "biggies" in terms of popularity, but it works for me. For more info on GT, and to exchange info with other users try the Cakewalk Forums. They have a section specifically for Guitar Tracks.

Back