cakewalk express gold...

ndxs

I have cakewalk express gold and for some reason, I can't listen to my already recorded tracks while trying to record a new track.
Seems like it should be pretty easy but I can't seem to figure it out. Help

Well, it might be your soundcard, but it's hard to tell without knowing what your soundcard is...

To be able to play and record at the same time, a card needs to be full-duplex. As far as I know almost all of them are these days, but the Allegro is a really basic sound system, so maybe it doesn't?

There is also a place in the Audio options, I believe, where you can enable/disable full-duplex operation in a card that is capable of it. It's possible the Allegro is ful-duplex but this setting is toggled to disable...

okay, that worked. I can record while listening to previously recorded tracks now, but the old tracks are being recorded along with the new on all at the same time. I can accept the fact that I'm inept at computer recording, but I sure would appreciate some input if anyone has any.
Let my ignorance dwindle with the transferance of your knowledge.:D :confused:

Try checking your recording source in the Windows Mixer. It sounds like you have "What U Hear" enabled as your recording source. You should change it to Line In or Mic In (or whichever port on your Sound Card that you are physically plugged into).

To do this, double click the speaker icon at the bottom right of your screen. Then choose Options -> Properties and the check box for Recording. See what is selected and change it accordingly.

It possible your sound card might have it's own mixer to do this through as well.

Back