cakewalk...... dumb question

chesterfield

So I'm re-installing PA9 tonight, and every time I get to the serial number screen, I type in the number and it says "please enter serial number", and I can't get by this screen. I'm not the smartest guy in the world, but I ought to be able to install god-damned software that I've installed before. I'm ready to wing the disc off my deck but my dog would just bring it back. Any ideas? Thanks.

Dang boomerang frisbees

Well, if you are following the nomanclature properly it should be just fine. Here is how mine looks.

CWPD9.00-XXXXXX (where X=your actual number, mine is 6 numers long)

Make sure you are not entering the CD key instead of the Serial number.

My CD Key is in the format of xxx-xxxxxx-xxxx

I enter mine in all caps as shown. Mine is the deluxe version so if yours is not the substitute the approprite characters for yours.

Good luck, hope you get it worled out.

Thanks............ actually, I looked at a copy of Guitar Tracks; the formats looked identical except the serial numbers were 6 didgits for GT and 5 didgits for PA9. Sure enough, I added a zero after the dash and it worked. How the hell would anybody be expexted to figure that out? And of all people, a sofware provider ought to realize the importance of a zero. :o Maybe they'll give me Sonar for $30.00! :D:D:D

Back