Cakewalk DirectX 8.1 problem

Douhgy

I had to re-format my hard drive and now Sonar 2 XL will not re-install. It keeps saying that directX 8.1 is not installed. It then installs directX and tells me to reboot, but when I try to re-run the installer, it does the same thing. Does anyone know how to correct this problem? Thanks

Did you install DirectX 9 before the Sonar 2 installation? Then go here

If not, have you tried downloading DirectX 8.1 from Microsoft and installing that version?

yeah, I downloaded directX 9 and installed it, but sonar still complains. I tried to find the installer for 8.1 but I couldn't find it off the web.

Douhgy - did you go the page moskus referred you to?

Once you install DX9 there is really no way to uninstall it. However, Sonar will function under DX9. You just need to do the installation a little differently as is described on the link moskus provided:
Solution:
By following the steps below it is possible to install any of our products on a PC where DX 9 is present.

Open your CD drive and insert the installation CD of the Cakewalk product you're trying to install.
Download this file. DirectXUtility Save it to your Desktop
Double-click DirectXUtility.exe to begin the installation.
NOTE - The utility does NOT actually revert you to DX 8 or uninstall DX 9.

That did the trick! Sorry about the confusion, I thought that moskus was saying that I needed to install directX 9.1. Thanks for the clarification.

Back