Cakewalk and a TM-D1000???

jontflesh

Well I tried in the Tascam forum and was wondering if any of the walkers might know :)
I just recently got a Tascam TM-D1000.
I am using Cakewalk 9.0
I have
Soundblaster Live card
Darla 24
MidimanX2 USB interface.
I have my Korg N364 hooked up to the Soundblaster and the TM-D1000 hooked up to the MidimanX2.

Now I have a couple questions regarding remote control of tracks on Cakewalk. When I want to control the faders in Cakewalk with the TMD what do I need to do?
I know to right click the track in console view and choose remote control. Now what do I pick to get the two talking to eachother?

Any help would be great. Sometimes these manuals read so stupid it is not even funny.
If anyone out there is using Cakewalk and the TMD I would greatly appreciate any helpful hints or options. I can pretty much use the TMD as a master to Cakewalk right? Is that the best set up?

Thanks

jontflesh

Well I figured it out and thought I would pass along the info.
1st off go to http://tascam.com and then onto the downloads. You get a Cakewalk key that is put into your Cakewalk folder.

To use your TM-D1000 and Cakewalk together:
In Console view right click the fader you want the TMD to control.
Choose remote control and it pulls up a new window. Click controller and enter 7.
Then choose the Midi channel that corespodes with the track# on the TMD. Like you want track 1 to be controlled so choose MIDI channel #1.

You can also control the balance via MIDI. I don't have the manual infront of me so I can't remember the controller #

Seems that there is alot more that you can do with the two but I have not figured them all out yet. Just thought I would pass it along :)

I would still like any more info that someone might have regarding the two so shout out if ya got it.

jontflesh

Back