Cakewalk 9 Pro problem

Lifeblood

I can't hear what I'm playing with my guitar while I'm recording in Cakewalk 9 Pro. What is the problem? help me 'cause it's really stupid playing without hearing yourself...

Does your soundcard support simultaneous record and play?

Do you have Cake 9 setup for simultaneous play and record?

Do you have the track that you are going to record your guitar onto armed (set for record)?

Do you have the guitar-track SOURCE(input) and PORT(output) set-up correctly?

Post us back and let us know if any one of these are the problem. :)

the only thing in cake you should have to check is under options/audio/drivers.make sure your soundcards output drivers are highlighted.the rest is dependent on your soundcards signal routing configuration.my 2408 uses both a pci324 console and the cuemix console for routing live input to any output of the breakout box that is a part of this system.i also have a sb card that has its own mixer ,i don't use it but imagine that it would allow routing to a line out.hope this helps. keith

I'm having a similar problem with my Gadget Labs 824 and cakewalk. The GL card (8 ins and 8 outs) is set up so that you can only monitor input 1 through output 1 and input 2 through output 2, etc. It has no software 'mixer' to allow rerouting of the signals. Do you guys know of any way to route all of the input monitors to a single stereo pair so that I can monitor all inputs on the same two channels I have selected for playback? Thanks.

gnarled-- I can't think of a easy way to do that off the top of my head. What I tend to do is just monitor my inputs directly from my mixer (I assume you're using a mixer) and don't use the GL's input monitoring. I generally just use outputs 1 & 2 for a stereo mix to play to while dubbing. Obviously, this won't help you if you're bypassing the mixer and plugging directly into the card.

Yeah, I posted this question to the Gadget Labs newsgroup and we came up with the same thing. I guess I'm going to have to monitor it from my mixer. It kinda sucks though, since I won't be able to hear the effects of my outboard gear between the mixer and the 824. Oh well. I think I was just asking too much.

There should be a way to get your signal to the outboard stuff for monitoring. Busses are your friend. What's your mixer and where are you wanting to hear the effects in the signal chain (the stuff coming from the software or on the input signals). You might post this as a new topic in Recording Techniques or the Computer Recording forum since we've strayed a little.

Back