CAD Condensor Stopped Working?!

surfingcheckers

So yesterday I was recording drums with my brand new CAD Condensor mics as overheads, and halfway through the track... one of them just stopped working?!

I tried to fix it and unplugged it and plugged it back in, and it worked for a couple seconds, but then stopped working again. It did this a few more times and now it won't work at all.

What happened to my mic!?

Use a Multimeter to check if your mixer/interface is providing sufficient phantom power. Black lead pin 1, Red lead pin 2.

Check the input with another mic if you have one.

Check the cable for continuity on a multimeter.

what Zeppe said.
switch the mic to different channels and different cables to eliminate anything other than the mic.

It could be as simple as a bad solder joint at the xlr socket of the mic.

Since you mentioned it is a CAD, but not what model.
The E-Series have a 9 volt rechargeable battery that is part of the equation and if the battery goes bad... the mic shuts off.

First of all its a CAD CM217. And i know it's the mic because i have a pair of them and the first mic works but the second doesnt. I switched all the cables and inputs between the mics and still only the first one worked, not the second. Therefore, it has to be the mic that's broken.

Then I repeat it could simply be a broken solder joint at the xlr receptacle.
It is simple enough to open up and check, or since it is brand new and under warranty, return it for warranty repair.

Back