cables!!!

darc mind

i need somebody to list down what kind if ccables i would need for my setup...
tell me as in XLR-XLLR know wut i mean?

behringer b1 mic

behringer vx2000 pre-amp

computer - soundcard=Creative

im confused!!!

B1 to vx=XLR
vx-computer=You have a few options here. I woudln't bother with the XLR out in your case. I would either buy a balanced cable (TRS) and get an 1/8 in adapter to go into your soundcard, or I would see if there is a cable that has those features without an adapter. Whenever you can avoid adapters, do it.

is this the cable?

is this the type of cable that you told me that would connect to the VX to my computer???...

Attachments

• cablepic.GIF
    cablepic.GIF
    2.3 KB · Views: 170
That probably won't work, guys. That output on the VX is balanced/unbalanced right?
The input on the Creative soundcard is not balanced, it's line level unbalanced right and left stereo.
If you hook it up with that cable, I'm guessing you'll get mostly hum.
What you need is 1/4" TS (not TRS as shown in the pic) to 1/8" TRS. This lets the output on the VX "know" to output an unbalanced signal.
The soundcard will record both channels (depending on your software setup), but it will be a mono signal, or track.

Yes, but you will only get signal to the left or right side of the soundcard at once.

If you end up getting a mixer with left and right outputs that cable will be a better match.

What software do you record with?

Back