Cable Help

Scoot82

Hi, I recently purchased an SM57 off of ebay and it didn't come with a cable or anything. So, i was wondering what cable people recommended with this mic and also which stand and clip work best with it. Any info. will be greatly appreciated as this is going to be a present for my brother. Thanks

Any mic cable (XLR) will technically do..look at Monster/B.L.U.E/Mogami for possibilities of higher end premade cables. Nice economical mic stands include Atlas MS-10/MS-12, some Ultimate stands, tama stands, etc. Also depends if he wants a boom. Lastly, a normal/standard mic clip is fine for sm57s

cool thanks, also what exactly is a boom? i have heard a lot of mention of them and tried to figure out what exactly it is but have failed. thanks

A boom is an "extension" if you will, to a mic stand. They commonly have a "T" fitting that screws onto the threads of the stand, and the boom can be slid back and forth to position the mic. Also, the "T" fitting is adjustable for the angle, so you can position a mic higher or lower than with just the stand itself.

I never really thought about trying to describe what a boom is before. It's not nearly as complicated as the description makes it out to be.:)

Back