c414 vs at 4050

ratheaua

I'm searching for a condenser for voice and possible a kick out mic ..I know the 414 are great for a lot a of thing but is it good for kick out ? and I will surely buy a Stereo pair of 414 but my budget is not enough..so i tought about the 4050 wich can be figure 8 on kick out and omni and cardio for vocals and other. Plus, its cheaper so would a 4050 be a good buy ? or i should take a 414 and another later even if they don't necessarly match together...?

Thanks fo help!

No opinion, just worked with a few 414's. But from what I gather there is 'the 4050, but a mess of '414's.

Out front' likely. Fairly fun beefy vantage- least out and up a bit for more of a mono crunchy 'kit where I've done it -- 4047 anybody ?:)

I have a pair of C414B-ULS mics that I bought separately - both used. They're matched closely enough for me. There are indeed a lot of C414 models - some intended primarily for vocals. I like mine for many, many things, but they're rarely the first choice for a vocalist, because they're not forgiving. They would probably be good for someone with a great voice. I don't have a 4050. I have a 4040, and I think of it more as a vocal mic. I've never used a condenser outside the kick, if that's what we're talking about, so I'm not sure what to say about that. I've used the 414s as overheads, and that was nice. They're good at picking up bass frequencies.

Back