C1 and SM 57 for kick

Sickmelvin

What do you guys think of the combination C1 and SM 57 for the bassdrum??
I soon will own them both but I was also thinking to buy an atm 25 at the same time (then I don't have to pay shipment twice).

Thanks.

Marc

If that's the case how about the ATM25 and the C1 for the kick? Sounds like a much better combination. Depending on what you actually plan to do, of course.

Checkout ebay... I've seen ATM25's sell as low as $36 on ebay before. Great kick mic too. :)

i bet the 57 and C1 will sound good. stick the 57 inside close to the beater at an angle (and a pop filter maybe, or stick a foam screen over it) and the C1 outside 3 feet back...

57 for the click, C1 for the boom.

or if it is a closed bass drum, 57 one side, C1 other side. 57 close C1 3 feet again (my rule of thumb with LD condenser kick micing if you cant tell)

the C1/57 approach is what I"D do, but I like a deep,low kick sound.......or even the atm25pro/C1 combo as noted before......depends on the sound you are going for.....

with the sm57 and the C1 however, you are getting 2 very versatile mics that will serve you well in many areas......

also, i dont know about the price out there, but the Marshall MXLv67 is alot cheaper than the C1 here and the sound/quality is very very similar......

Thanks guys for your advice.
I don't ever hear anything about the marshall mikes in Holland but you guys on the forum seem to be really enthousiastic about em.
I allready ordered the C1 in England so the marshall isn't in the budget right now.
Maybe later it would be a good choice.

Thanks.

Marc

Back