By Your Grace

jimmychalk

Hey guys, give this a listen. We just finished the female vox today (one take!) Tell me what you think of the overall balance as well as individual instrument tone.

just click the link and the song'll automatically load:

nice... I was impressed by the gears you have... and the sound quality does not disappoint me. :)

Good singer, nice voice and singing.

I don't really like the drums performances.... kinda jumpy when it starts coming in... and basically sound like the drummer is rushing to go somewhere....

Sounds nice!
Some minor observations:
The intro guitar sounds great , maybe ever so thick on the low end.

The vocal reverb is a little much (for my taste anyway) It makes the vocal sound behind the guira (sound stage-wise),It contributes to a little tad of lo-mid thickness on the vocal (probably around the infamous 300 - 500 hz range)
The drum style of hard edge is a little distracting, but may be exactly what you want(particularly the half open hats... too raw for a tender song).

I love the strings, etc. done tastefully, possibly the stereo spread could be wider for the strings and backing instruments.

Good work!

Tom

in the chorus after the drums have come in-
when she says the words "1.in 2.this 3.land" she shouldnt dip down to that lower note in my opinion, she should go 1.F,2.G,3.F or keep it as it is and use F, G, F as the background harmony.
if shes cool to try it id love to see how it sounds.

other than that, id say its a good home recording.

peace

I enjoyed listening to this song. I I think the drums fit like that,the groove is good for the song and kind of kicked things up a little bit. After I listened to it a couple times,I never got bored with it.

I'd centered the lead gtr and spread the rythm gtr a bit. Feels lopsided during the intro.

Nice raw sound though.

Great tune. Only suggestions I could make is some de-essing on lead vox. T's and S's are standing out. Also shaker comes in off-time and drums are a little too busy. Just my thoughts.

Back