Buying Guitars Mail-order or On-line, do ya?

What do you think of getting your axe shipped to you?

• I never do it, never will

Votes: 29 18.7%
  • I have done it once and will never do it again because ___________ (please explain)

Votes: 14 9.0%
  • It's a great option and it worked well for me and I say, "do it."

Votes: 88 56.8%
  • I want to but I'm not sure if it's a good idea

Votes: 24 15.5%

• Total voters
The first thing I ever bought via ebay was an Aria acoustic guitar. Really a piece of junk, but I fixed it up, and resold it, better than it came to me and at a modest profit. This was about 12-14 years ago, btw.

About 10 years ago, I bought a Seagull lefty acoustic via ebay. That worked out well, still have that guitar. About 3 years ago, bought a lefty Epi Les Paul, and that worked out well, too.

I bought 2 of my guitars off e-bay; a Les Paul Studio (used) and Telecaster Thinline reissue (new). Had no problems with them, they're awesome guitars.

I broke my own rule once for a '54 Re-issue LP Goldtop. The price was good, they're hard to find in person and the seller is a regular at the Les Paul Forum.

Worked out very well. No regrets but it was a special case. I'll only do it in the right circumstance - knowing I can pass it through with no loss if it doesn't suit me.

lou

I have no problem doing it. I'll make whatever work for me.
I haven't the time or patience to go around and find that special guitar.

I was thinking about this the other day and it occurred to me that five years ago I bought a flaming 42 inch screen telly and two years ago, a car on line. Both are still in fab condition. But I had this weird dream a few nights back that I got stung for £400 that I sent off for some on line purchase. I was one relieved man when I woke up ! :)

I don't even remember this tread at all... weird, Still have the oe-30, but neck not so nice so I increased the string height to use for slide only, replaced this style with a Epiphone dot, way better, got in store discounted as-is bc of a big old chip that I don't mind at all

I don't even remember this tread at all... weird, Still have the oe-30, but neck not so nice so I increased the string height to use for slide only, replaced this style with a Epiphone dot, way better, got in store discounted as-is bc of a big old chip that I don't mind at all

You started it 8 years ago, and don't remember it?! :facepalm: :rolleyes: But why did you dig it out of its 3-year-old grave?

Back