Busses

thehouseofshawn

What is the definition of bussing and busses? How is it used in recording/mastering/mixing the sound. Many say compile the sound into two tracks of left and right...you agree?

|Lost with Mastering|

A bus (buss) is a submix of a collection of tracks.

You could send all your drums to a stereo buss. Drums too loud? Turn down the single buss instead of a collection of faders.

You can buss your kick and bass together and compress them on the buss for a nice groove...

You could buss the vocals and the lead guitar together and apply light compression - That would typically be the "up front" buss.

And of course, your whole mix goes to the main (stereo) buss.

a buss (or bus) is actually just like the bus that you would ride in a city. it's a transportation system to other places. the technical definition of it is an electrical conductor such as a wire that carries a signal between two points. in audio, we usually take more than one signal to bus it somewhere else

the way massive was explaining it is the verb form of the word, which a lot of engineers use to explain what they're doing. :cool:

The Seifer said:
I can tell you this for sure: you're going to need the short buss

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. LMFAO I am at work and i read that post and I just busted out laughing and I work at a bank so everyone was looking at me

i think The Seifer is the first person i've seen who has a RED little square underneath his posts. He has been a little less than shameless in the past

Back