Bus / Group Channel question - cubase sx

fasterthanu

Hi,

Reading computer music mag the other day, they were talking about track separation. They said to separate backing vox or lead guitar they would send the track to a second bus. I had a look through the manual, particulary at the mixer section and there wasn't anything mentioned. I've just done a search on this forum and the posts indicate that most (myself included) would use a group channel for this. Just wondered if this is possible? does anyone use this as a solution? i presumed that the amount of buses available would be dictated by the hardware outputs on the soundcard.

Regards
j mac

Last edited:
You can have as many busses as you can handle in most cases - A buss isn't going to a physical output unless you route it there.

ok so,

can i add more buses in cubase sx?

if so

would you knidly advise me where i can find this information in the manual?

Regards
J mac

fasterthanu said:
ok so,

can i add more buses in cubase sx?

if so

would you knidly advise me where i can find this information in the manual?

Regards
J mac

In SX, on the left where your channels are just right click and ADD....new audio track, new group channel or whatever it is you want to add.

Once you do that it'll show up in the mixer window and you can rout it to any output you have or back to the master output if you're MITB

I've just done a search on this forum and the posts indicate that most (myself included) would use a group channel for this

there is no create bus channel option. all i'm really asking is, is this essentially the same as creating and using a group channel?

fasterthanu said:
there is no create bus channel option. all i'm really asking is, is this essentially the same as creating and using a group channel?

group, buss, tomato, banana....same thing

Just to clear up the bus/group channel confusion here....

In cubase SX it's a GROUP channel you want to create.

A BUS in cubase is a hardware output on your soundcard (stereo I might add)

Back