Burning CD on a MAC????

AumStudioBrian

Ok, I record on Pro Tools version 5.3. I ussually just burn all my CD's on my Alesis Masterlink, but today the internal power supply burned up and its not going to be repaired for a few weeks.

So this means I have a project in Pro Tools I need to some how render and burn using the CDRW drive in the mac... Does anyone have experience with this process??? I would love a step by step explaination, for I am very unfamiliar with Macs. I only use it to record and nothing else. Thanx for you help--

By the way, the Mac is a G4 in case you needed to know.

If anyone could help before the end of tomarrow (Friday), that would be amazing. Cause I have a project to finish. If not, still help! Thanx guys--

Well, this is no normal task and would never be in a computer manuel, cause the Pro Tools file has to render before being put onto the CD. I'm not sure how to get the file from my external Pro Audio HD to the internal Mac HD. I'll just have to keep playin around today, and hopefully figure somethin out--

I don't know exactly what you mean by render. But anyways, I'll suppose you mean a mixdown of the tracks.
You need to
1) "bounce to disk" every song in Protools. This is a realtime process, there are no shortcuts. Create a folder called master and bounce them all there as an aiff or wav file.
2) Open iTunes.
3) Create a new playlist.
4) From the desktop, locate the files and drag them from their folder and drop them into that new created playlist.
5) There's a "Burn CD" icon somewhere on iTunes, I think it looks like some radiactive crap. Press it.
6) I think this will burn it as mp3 by default, but I'm not sure. If you need an audio cd instead, browse the iTunes preferences and you'll find the option.

If you can't burn with iTunes (cause your CDRW is not supported) then get something like Toast.

Cheers, Andrés

Back