Burn and Go VS. Neato ?

UnkleSlam

Which one do you guys use for CD labels and inserts? I just bought the Burn and Go package, but I'm not crazy about the printing software.

Anybody know the difference?

Neato

I've been toying with the Neato cd design software. It's o.k. for very simple stuff. BUT I've found two very annoying limitations. Either of them should have been avoidable, even for a simple freeware program:

1. When printing a two panel, fold-out type booklet, you can't place graphics across the fold. This makes it worthless if you're trying to design a gatefold.

2. The gradient fill option in some settings doesn't center properly.

I guess I can't be too harsh or expect everything, though. It is free software, after all.

I think Neat-O is ok, but watch the discs you send people (with any of them) because all it takes is a bad label which is a little off to mess up playing your CD on some machines. I also HATE using CD-Rs with labels on slot loading machines like the iMac because they get stuck.

I would leave labels off any discs you send out as demos and write something with a Sharpie instead. It won't look as good, but at least it will play!

dave @ kathode ray
www.indiebiz.com - free music promo tips

Back