Building an IsoBox for PCs

Queue

I've decided for my next project, I'm going to try to build the equivalent of an IsoRaxx box to house my 2 PCs. I'd like to start with a pre-built cabinet, build another inside it, add ventilation and a door. I've been searching about, but haven't found any websites/tutorials that take this approach.

Anyone have any links?

Also looking for a cheap cabinet to start from.

Queue

I cut a hole in my wall, just big enough to run the cables outside.... I have like 12 feet of Keyboard extention and the same for my mouse, and the same for my monitor.... My tower and stand alone scsi drive etc. are outside the room... It works great...

Now, of course house design plays alot in this... On the other side of the wall where my computer is in my studio, happens to be a large room in the basement that doesn't get used very often, so the Tower and Harddrive just sits there on the floor there against the wall...

The basement was ok, but im not sure I would be punching holes in the walls upstairs where visitors will see....

It was sort of funny buying the extentions... All I could find was (3) 4-foot extentions, for the mouse and keyboard... The guy in the store swore up and down it wouldn't work, and I would be back returning them... Some jive about keyboards not liking a big series of extentions...

Never been a problem.. works perfect.

Joe

longsoughtfor,
thanks for the link. I'll be sure to take some pics so you can add my project.

vox (joe),
I'm in a loft above my bedroom, in a small townhouse, so the 'other side of the wall' approach doesn't work for me. Plus, I do a lot of tech work on the things, and need to have the drives a little more accessible.

Queue

Back