Building a Tube Condenser Mic.

stormm64bar

has anyone ever built one. or have any leads on parts. mainly the tubes.. lol. i have little experience on this. but i cant think of anything i have failed at if i really tried. i have schematics from everywhere. i have plenty of ideas. and im learning the language of electronics. just enough to build a couple good mics .. but any and all help would be nice. thank you

tons of info about this over at GroupDIY.com check out the mk47 build threads. DIY is all about doing it yourself, and that includes digging for the information lol :P

already been there.. i am also part of a yahoo group called micbuilders. i have leads for alot of things. i have software for circuit simulation. i know where to get parts. i just want to know i have as much as possible.. thanks for the tip though.. and i can only find one place with tubes. and I'm wanting to know more about them.

Welcome to the forum buddy.
I guess they'd be fairly low voltage circuits with mini tubes your looking at. Can you breadboard the circuit before hand?
I cant wait to see how this one pans out.
Blue Jinns does lots of DIY mics, Paul Hunts done some too although i think his are ribbons.

You might want to get your feet wet by purchasing a used tube microphone and modifying it :thumbs up: you'll get plenty of fun and experience from doing that.

thanks.. and i just ordered a breadboard.. lol.. i plan on using that along with the circuit simulator program to learn what i need to.. i will be posting back with progress and hold ups..lol.

i have not made it to the shell part.. and i dont know what a latte is..lol.. my plans are basically find out as much as i can. build a prototype on a breadboard if that is possible.. figure out what all i need to make what i do on the breadboard go on to a pcb? and then find a housing that i can fit it in.. and if i have to . customize the housing for it to fit

but what im needing.. is someone that can just say. hey.. i built one with no experience .. i did this and that.. had a hold up here.. and fixed it with that.. etc.. i find alot of ppl that have built one.. but when i ask if they can do that.. they get real busy all of the sudden...lol.

Back