Building a Rack for the Home Studio

diewolfe

Hey guys, this is my first post on this forum and I look forward to integrated myself in your community with the days to come.

After moving across the country and selling my rack gear years ago, I've learned about what to buy and what not to buy. I've began building myself a decent studio and have some extra funds and endorsements available to go all out and build out a decent chain. This is where you guys come in, I've been out of the game for a while and I've got some average common knowledge, but I'm completely out of the game now and I'd love your opinion on what I'm building up towards. I've mainly been recording a lot of hi gain (metal/rock) bands, but I find myself mixing a lot of country and hip/hop on the side, a lot of cool spacey post-rock kind of stuff as well.

Currently I'm using an Apollo QUAD as an interface and want to branch out into some more analog gear, it kills me being strictly ITB at the moment, although I'd have to admit... the UAD stuff is insane.

Here's my list of possible investments, I'd love to hear your opinions and why I'm an idiot ;] I've compiled this list out of equipment I have previously used and loved, or have researched intensely, any other recommendations would be superb!

Thanks guys,
-J.Wolfe

Antelope Audio Isochrone OCX:

Dangerous Music D-Box:

Slate Pro Audio Fox Quadtone:

Universal Audio 6176:

Empirical Labs EL-8 Distressor: (Maybe a british mod version?)

(I was going to post links but seeing as this is post #1 I'm not allowed :( )

JDK/API 8mx2. API engineered built by JDK 8 api designed pre's with limiters plus an 8 ch vca mixer and can gang multiple units on the mixer ;)

Back