Building a Hybrid Setup

epting

I am finally able to build a hybrid setup at my studio and have done it on the tightest of possible budgets. I currently have a Scarlett 18i20 with an Octopre as my interface/IO but I am thinking about getting the Ferrofish Pulse 16 x 16 AD/DA convertor. I'm curious if anyone has any experience with the Ferrofish and their thoughts?

I wonder how it fits in your overall system. Just looked at it, and it seems to be 16 in 16 out, which hangs off an ADAT interface.
By hybrid, I assume you're talking about using an analogue mixer.
I'm not a know-all, but am getting into using the SSL Big Six, analogue mixer with integral 16 in 16 out.

I am finally able to build a hybrid setup at my studio and have done it on the tightest of possible budgets. I currently have a Scarlett 18i20 with an Octopre as my interface/IO but I am thinking about getting the Ferrofish Pulse 16 x 16 AD/DA convertor. I'm curious if anyone has any experience with the Ferrofish and their thoughts?
What makes your system 'Hybrid'? I've used the Ferrofish Pulse 16 x 16 AD/DA convertor on friends systems - it's a all in one solution - don't know if you have an ADAT? It's Optical ADAT - just be aware of that - the sound? - not that much different that any AD/DA convertor to be honest - most Interfaces are up to snuff or at least up to better than analog these days IMO.

I am running signal through a Midas Venice console. I also have a couple of compressors and eqs to run through. So I am coming out of Pro Tools into the console and whatever else and back into Pro Tools.

Back