Building a Home Studio in the Garage

Bushice

I'l be refinancing my house this spring, and want to use some of money to build a recording studio in my Garage. I have a space that is 11 feet wide by 19 feet long, with about a 10 to 11 foot ceiling. I want to make it fairly soundproof, so I'm willing to spend a little money. I have no need to buy any equipment, I already have most of what I need in that area.

What am I looking at, cost wise? Does anyone have any good links to how-tos, or anything that would help give me some ideas on what to build, how to build it, and how much to spend? I didn't notice any threads on this topic below, but If I missed them, sorry for the re-run! I'd like to see some of your "built from scratch" studios, too, for ideas. When I start building I will do a day by day diary, so I can share my trials and tribulations with others!

Thanks,

Bushice

Thanks for the link, although that stuff seems much larger and much more expensive than anything I could build, and I don't think I could afford that guy!! Most of the "under construction studios" just have pictures. I couldn't find the two room garage studio - which one was it?

Wow, I just went through the Left bank photo series - Very nice detail!! I think I can find my way around now - Thanks :)

Thanks,

Bushice

Last edited:
Back