Buffer settings

justwantyou2kno

What do you have your buffer settings set to in CEP? Specifically andyone using a delta1010, or probably and delta cards. I'm having trouble with choppy playback, and I'm not sure what buffers to change. There are about 4 different layback buffers in the options mode.

Is CEP1 or 2? Are you running WinXP?
I'm afraid CEPs buffer settings don't make much sense to me. I used to run CEP1 under XP but when I upgrade to CEP2 I found that it must be using the Delta card drivers in WDM Kernal mode as Sonar does. CEP2 doesn't seem to have anything like Sonars latency buffer control so I had to increase the Delta Buffer setting in the cards Control panel.
Originally, I had the Delta buffer at minimum (64) which is only around 1.5ms and Sonars latency control was used to increase it to around 5.8ms which gave click&pop free performance. This meant CEP2 was having to work at 1.5ms which was too short - I got a click around every 30seconds (I'm amazed it wasnt worse!).
Increasing the Delta buffer to 256 cured it for CEP2 and I was able to keep Sonars performance by putting its latency slider at minimum.
I left CEPs buffer settings at their default value.

All very confusing - The delta driver calls its buffer ASIO/GSIF but it does affect WDM too. While its obviously running in WDM Kernal Mode, the CEP2 manual makes no mention of the Soundcard driver buffer setting which it depends on.

Back