Buffer\ClicksPops

Jakearabble

I have seen numerous threads about this but non answering my question. I have cubase sx with a delta 66 and delta 1010. When i record more then 4 tracks simultaniously I get lots of pops and clicks. my buffer settings are "12, 256" how should I change this to reduce number of pops clicks. Thanks so much in advance.
-Jake

To start with, i'm not in SX, i'm in VST/32. But, try to reduce the number of available Channels. In Audio Setup, you can assign the number of channels and the amount of memory per channel. Reduce the Chnl # and increase the memory per channel that your recording. Also, check to see if your recording 24/96. You may need to reduce to 44.1 or 48. You can also slightly increase your latency if your monitoring through Cubase. And there's always your physical limitations which may require you to upgrade your processing speed or Memory.

Blind Cowboy...

Thats a nasty one you've got there......

I suffered with the same problem for years until I off-loaded the card just the other day. Hey Bass Master K - My Delta 1010lt is going to be on its way soon!

There was a big thread in here a while back about popping and clicks and we went through every possible avenue to sort the problems.

Heres a few pointers.

1) Download the newest drivers from the Midiman site.

2) tweak your operating system for Audio. Do a search on goole to find tweaks suitable for you.

3) Post all your specs on this forum and we'll band together to see what we can do. You may have to start playing with IRQ's like I did. Which is nasty, especially when you know as little about computers as me :( .

Neil

Congrats Neil, I hope that it cures all the ails...I tell you what, you had a tough case that's for sure.

I read your thread about getting the reel to reel you lucky duck. Your going to have one hell of a setup! :) That is really cool man.

Jakearabble said:
What do you mean by you "off-loaded" the card? (ps my 1010lt works great...good buy)
-Jake

I think I had a serious conflict in my Chipset on the motherboard. It was either with the card or with the processor, I'm not sure. Either way, the card didn't work and nor did the computer behave like a 1.8 Athlon. It just seemed kinda slow...... Although a computer expert friend of mine blamed it on Win 98, which I was stuck with as long as I was using the card due to lack of driver support and XP drivers.

However, I'm now upgrading to a 2 gig Pentium (I don't trust Athlons anymore)new Motherboard, more RAM, another HD, XP and the Delta 1010lt.

Oh, and Bass Master K - the Reel to Reel fell through :( . Just as I was gonna give my old teacher the money he had just talked to someone who told him how much it was worth. I still could've got a reel (pun) deal (£300), but not one this student could afford :( . Oh well. I don't have any outboard gear anyway. I'd rather update the Digital stuff I got.

Anyway, Jakearabble - hows the Pop problem going?

Neil

still a problem...and my internet (usually really fast cable) is soooooooo slow. I cleaned up my hard drive but I am still having problems. All other copmuters on my network scream except for the newest\fastest one! I am going to emergency restore the machine because i think it may be a virus. Thanks to all
-Jake

Jakearabble said:
still a problem...and my internet (usually really fast cable) is soooooooo slow. I cleaned up my hard drive but I am still having problems. All other copmuters on my network scream except for the newest\fastest one! I am going to emergency restore the machine because i think it may be a virus. Thanks to all
-Jake

I had the same problem with the computer I have now. A 1.8 Athlon running slower than my brothers 1.1. It came down to my chipset in my motherboard.

I have my new computer soon so hopefully I'll be able to record again....... :)

Neil

Back