Bruel & Kjaer 4007

Markd102

I have access to a pair of these whenever I need them.
Anyone know much about them.
I haven't had a chance to try them out yet.

It's in some ways the best small diaphragm omni mic ever made, and it's optimized for high sound pressures. Should be great for anything where you like what you hear and can get in close or the room sounds nice.
Now shut up and go record something! :)

B&K (now called distributed to the entertainment world as DPA) makes some of the nicest mics in the world.

For myself, the 4007 and the 4006 are the best small diaphragm omnis made. I use them frequently as drum overheads and room mics, as well as any number of other spaced stereo techniques.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

The older B&K and the newer DPA mics are pretty much the benchmark for small diaphragm condenser mics. The 4007's can take SPL's over 150 dB. Try them on acoustic instruments and drum overheads. Having a good preamp can make a difference.

Dan Richards
Digital Pro Sound
The Listening Sessions

Thanks folks
I'll give them a good tryout soon.
They belong to John Rees (He was the bass player for Australian band Men At Work.) who now lives about 5 mins drive from my studio. He ran a small studio when MAW broke up, and still has a few pieces of equipment left. He said I can borrow them whenever I need them, so I'm pretty stoked about that.
Any idea what they are worth?

Mark

Back