Bruce Springsteen Cover

Knopfler Fan

Hi everyone,

For the Americans in the forum, I hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July weekend.

Since Bruce Springsteen is such an American icon, I thought I'd do a cover of one of his early songs. It's called "Wild Billy's Circus Story" from Springsteens 1973 album "The Wild, The Innocent, and the E-Street Shuffle".

As the title of the song suggests, it's a story song. It's full of interesting characters and rich imagery that Springsteen is famous for.

Please take a listen and I hope you'll enjoy it.

http://www.nowhereradio.com/knopflerfan/singles

KF

Welcome Knopfler Fan

I hate to rain on ya buddy, but I got in trouble a few weeks back for running Cover Tunes on NowhereRadio.com

Please understand that I am not trying to discourage you in any way, I am just relating my personal experience.

My solution was to upload the song to a different server and then post a link.

We got to respect NWR's policies.

Look forward to hearing your music.

This is all a moot point if you have the artist's permission of course.

Recording notes: Nice pno playing. Quite a bit of noise in the tracks... not like mp3 encoding noise; more like low-end pre or soundcard "fuzz". The "accordion" sound is loud in the mix (intro). The "sss's" are a bit sibilant. Singing's not bad.

Is that a tuba? Opposite a trumpet. Interesting. Decent use of some stock keyboard sounds in there. Pretty good use of reverb on the vocals there. Decent vocal performance there -- some pitch issues.

There's an element missing in this, though... that would make it repeat listenable.... something in the way everything comes together... can't really put a finger on it. As is, it sounds like someone with a sample box doing one vocal take and punching up a few patches now and again. It hasn't "come to life" (like Frankenstein's monster)... but most of the pieces are there. Just needs an infusion of life, or something.

Not too bad.

Chad

Apology

In view of recent posts on this site I can see that cover tunes
are again allowed here.

So I apologize to you and am listening to your song right now.

Quite an expressive voice you got there.
You don't play guitar at all eh?
Superior keyboard work, thats for sure.
I never heard the original, but I think your version is probably quite different from it.

Back