Breathe Deep While The Spores Are Fresh

C'mon, man; at least help me out some! Tell me which server didn't work for you. If all three of the places failed to work for you I wanna know that as well. Thanks in advance!

Got the song finally, nowhere worked no problem.

Definite horror film feel to this one. Parts near the end remind me of the simpsons theme for some reason (abstract only). Those low synth nots really rattle my speakers, I think they might be toasted though.

Cool stuff. enjoyed it.

Emeric: Check those speakers. I've checked this on three different systems from lo-fi to mid-fi- all cranked and those notes were pretty much the benchmark by which I judged the whole mix.
I really like that patch cranked to the max and pushing the 0 dB mark, as longtime listeners would know.
Nothing distorted or even looked distorted on a highly magnified wave display. And this took three tries! I eventually had to use normalization to -0.03 dB instead of 0.0 to make it work. I agreed it was done when I played it back in Vegas (the .wav file), got no clips and was no more than 0.1 dB away from max on any peak in the mix. The .mp3 file(s) were even more conservative. The encoding process always came up with a file that was 0.1 dB quieter in one channel on any particular conversion, be it 64 Kbps or 192 Kbps using two different encoders.

And thanks for your perseverance through this mp3 minefield.

Great tune Doc! I didn't get around to downloading it and listening it until recently, but certainly one of my favorites of yours. Halloweeny for sure!

This song kicked ass!!! Somewhat Beatlesque in my opinion,maybe along the lines of #9. If you could only have made it longer! Gosh!

Very Cool... loved the cello samples! Has a bit of a Danny Elfton/ Tim Burton flavor. Really Dug it. Definately sound track potential for off beat movie.

Thanks for these additional reviews.

Yeah Ed. I do this for ME. Thanks for understanding that and clarifying it for the masses.

Emeric: I still don't know what Simpsons episode you're referring
to.

This whole Anthrax deal has me feeling vulnerable since much less virulent shit than that has already put me on death's door.
I got antibiotics that make Cipro look like bullshit and it still took months to get it under control. Strangely enough I had to change my mailbox lock today when my key failed to separate from the lock after insertion. The only way I got my keychain back (no I won't remove the key from the ring and leave the key in the lock)
was to disassemble the lock around the key. The new lock works GREAT! Still no protection against terrorist bio-attacks. Just one small step taken to prevent credit card fraud. Not a perfect plan, just a small step that MUST be taken to swing the odds more in my favor. Just like this new war. No guarantees.
Just a new reality that sucks.

giaschel: That would be one freaky dance company!

cmiller: thanks for checking it out. I'm working hard right now on a crossover piece inspired by dobro's "Low", part of another comparison mp3 upload.

mojka: Made it longer? Man that would take a lot of work to prevent it from stepping all over itself, mindlessly repeating, or going where I don't want to go. These compositions are hardy but very delicate when it comes to grafts and transplants.

I was more moved (long term, not a local effect) by Eleanor Rigby.

VirtualSamana: I spent some time working out where that cello sample would be appropriate. Thanks for your affirmation.

Not an episode, the theme song. Near the end .. I did said it was in an 'abstract' sense. Doesn't sound like the simpsons.. just that little bit reminded me of it.

Great picture of Megabyte, btw. It loaded fine here at work, and if anyone needs a copy on their computer, use WinAmp, click the "~" waveform/Options/Preferences/Output and choose NullSoft Disk Writer plug-in. It will write to whatever directory you specify by pressing "Configure." It also has choices as to what spec's you want your WAV to be (yeah, it gets turned into a WAV file). Handy for stuff like this.

Don't forget to turn it off, and also to turn "Repeat" off (otherwise it'll try writing over and over and over and over, ugh).

Btw, I agree with sONUSMAN (see Ed? I remembered to not capitalize the "s"!). First minute was great! It felt a little random after that.

Did I mention that I dig the pictures? And what's up with this viral thing you had/have? WHY DIDN'T YOU LET ME KNOW? WE COULD ALL BE INFECTED!!!

Nah, just kidding. BTW, if you freak out because some of your mail has white dust on/in it, the odds are in favor of it being cornstarch (used to dry the ink/make the printing process manageable). Besides, who's going to send YOU anthrax? They've got a ton of elected folk to target (a shame, yes, but the media's approach to this is a bit laughable).

Where was I? Oh, yeah, get better, Doc. Just don't eat apples on a daily basis! :D

hey doc, it's been a bout a year since i was online and at homerecording,,,liked the wandering lines of this piece, alls strings,,,,questions like,,,,12 tone? i kinda hear a tonal center in motifs but then u go out and down another path,,,,,,,,,,maybe chance music style?, it's kewl, i think the last tune i heard from u was a real nicely recorded hardtop thing, that was gggreat, i liked the pics of yer cats, nice closeups lol,,,,over an out......from montra aka "flattop"

Back