Breath Like Water - Major remix...

Teddie

Hello folks,

Spent the last couple of months remastering every song on my "Valley of the DogZ" CD... (this time I tried to listen to as many commercial CD's that I felt had very good production qualities and I tried to get my tracks as close as I could to those CD's)...

I think the song that went through the most change was "Breath Like Water". For those of you who remember the thread or who heard it before, I was having some major problems with the guitars...

I think this last mix turned out pretty good, but I'd like to hear from you, especially the folks who have the old mp3 on their hard drive somewhere - could you do a comparison and let me know(?)

Breath Like Water is here: http://mp3.com/smartapple

Thanks for everything,
Teddie (Smart Apple)

Teddie,

I didn't ever hear the original mix, but I did take a listen to this one. The rhythm guitars are a little muddy for my taste, but I think it has to do with the effect that is on them... the solo guitar sounded pretty good.

I'm listening at work on a set of Altec Lansings with a sub and the mix seems pretty bright on the top end. These speakers are a little on the bright side, so it might just be here, but I thought I'd mention it just in case.

Good tune.
V.E.

Back