Breakdown Imminent !!!!

Alan

Ok here’s the deal as brief as is possible.
Somebody please HELP !!!! or point me in the right direction.
I’m working (or trying to) with Cubase VST/24 using a SB Live soundcard. The problem is trying to record audio, all I get is flat lines in stereo or mono. I am trying to record via the input (blue) on the soundcard, now here’s the weird bit. Now lets say I’m recording guitar, it goes Guitar to Pod to soundcard to Hi-Fi system/monitors. I can hear the guitar through the monitors, which is going via the soundcard, so its getting in there. To the best of my knowledge the Audio/System/ Asio Device and control panel are set-up correctly. To add further confusion to the matter, I CAN record from the Mic input. I have checked and re-checked all leads and connections. (the fact that I can hear it through the monitors kinda counts that one out) I have now reached the point were I am thinking the soundcard itself is faulty. As changing the soundcard would be a last resort, I am hoping somebody out there may have some ideas. Does the fact that I can hear the guitar through the monitors mean the input on the soundcard is working ? Even though in Audio/ Monitor with the little ins pressed there is no input level.
Thank you in advance……Alan.

Back