BRC question

dogooder

I have a BRC that can control the HD24. Some of the functions wont work with the HD24 because it is designed to work with the ADATs. My record button on the BRC will not put the HD24 into record mode. I am not sure if that function works with the HD24. Before I open up the BRC to find out if the switch is bad, does anyone know if the Record function on the BRC works on the HD24?
Thanx in advance
J.D.

You need to record a few seconds from the HD24 itself 1st and then rewind back to the head before attempting to do it via the BRC. I forget for exactly how long and whether or not the BRC needs to be off or totally disconnected from the HD24 before doing this. I also don't remember if you have to do this procedure for every project or just once per disc drive.

You need to record a few seconds from the HD24 itself 1st and then rewind back to the head before attempting to do it via the BRC. I forget for exactly how long and whether or not the BRC needs to be off or totally disconnected from the HD24 before doing this. I also don't remember if you have to do this procedure for every project or just once per disc drive.
I am trying to record on an existing tune of 14 tracks of 3.5 minutes on the HD24. The BRC will perform all the other functions, rewind, FF, locate 0, arm tracks, play etc but the record button seems not to work. I downloaded the manual for the BRC and it says just press record which I have tried. I have tried pressing play and record at the same time to no avail. I have tried holding them down etc. In my HD24 manual it states what the BRC will not do but it doesn't mention Record at all. I would really like to know before I go and open the BRC up to check the switch. That doesn't scare me, I am quite capable of doing it. I just tore my 02R96 down, pulled out a bunch of boards, soldered new pots in and put her back together. The most difficult part of that was waiting a year for the parts lol. I was at the 0 start of the tune when I tried. I will run her ahead with the BRC then bring her back and give that a try but am not holding out much hope.

Try the procedure I outlined on a new project to see if it works or not. There is still an HD24 group on one of the platforms as far as I know. Find it and ask them. I gave up on that unit because it was a pain in the ass to deal with.

Try the procedure I outlined on a new project to see if it works or not. There is still an HD24 group on one of the platforms as far as I know. Find it and ask them. I gave up on that unit because it was a pain in the ass to deal with.
I have been using it for about 15 years and find it pretty simple. The problem is now I am alone and have no one to push buttons for me as I go. Having to get up and walk over to it to arm tracks, get it recording etc. is getting old. If I can get that record button working most of that problem is solved. I can arm the tracks, record etc when I am sitting at either my Keyboards or my pedal steel. With the electric guitar and base and sax I can just walk around an it presents no problems.

I have been using it for about 15 years and find it pretty simple. The problem is now I am alone and have no one to push buttons for me as I go. Having to get up and walk over to it to arm tracks, get it recording etc. is getting old. If I can get that record button working most of that problem is solved. I can arm the tracks, record etc when I am sitting at either my Keyboards or my pedal steel. With the electric guitar and base and sax I can just walk around an it presents no problems.
Like I said, try the procedure to see if it will work for you. I know for a fact that you need to do this before the BRC record function will work with any HD24. Use an empty track on your current project or simply try it on a new one. Try it with the BRC connected and on 1st.

Like I said, try the procedure to see if it will work for you. I know for a fact that you need to do this before the BRC record function will work with any HD24. Use an empty track on your current project or simply try it on a new one. Try it with the BRC connected and on 1st.
I have a scratch track I use for experimenting before I screw up a real tune. I will give it a try on that next time I get to it. Thanx for the help by the way. I will try it with it being off first then on etc. Don't remember how I tried it last time around.

Back