"Brass In Pocket" featuring 'Er indoors (Mrs Po) on vocals.

Sounds pretty good. I don't do a lot of these posts, but you've changed the original guitar part which is the signature. There is no 3rd(Ab) on top of the E chord as played originally. Play the lick leaving the E string open or mute it completely and it will sound closer. Unless you wanted to change the signature, of course. That's totally up to you. Nice work though. You might try getting Mrs. Po really mad at you, ready to take a swing and try the voc again. lol

I got the CHORDS wrong? Well bugger me! :D That's never happened to me before. I'm not sure which bit you refer to, but I'll have a listen, just to hate on myself. :D

Mrs. Po's always ready to take a swing at me. I have to hide the bat. But point taken - that isn't her top drawer performance but her vocals always have a certain something, I think.

Thanks. :D

Yeah, this sounds good bubba - well done by both of you!

I didn't recognize the song by the title, but listening now I certainly recognize it. Might have been one of their biggest hits, right?

I like the bass guitar tone a lot, but felt it could come down slightly in level for this tune. Guitars sound good.

I liked the vocal performance a lot. I think maybe something could be done to warm up that track and make it fit in the mix better, but I'm not sure...her voice seems almost too clean sounding to the point that it sticks out against the grittier backdrop of guitars and bass.

Subtle things though and of course I could be way off base. I enjoyed the listen - thanks!

Yes, it was their biggest hit, along with "Back on the Chain Gang". Like I say, it's my wife's favourite karaoke, but her vocals are usually more suited to strident, goth/punk tunes. I have a lot to learn about getting smooth, warm vocal tracks. Short of spending thousands on valve compressors and EQs, and very expensive microphones, I feel a bit stuck. I am aware that my Rode NT-1 As are very brittle in the upper frequencies and might not be suited to female vocals.

That said, I'm always pleased when you comment on my stuff. Thanks, dude.

I got the CHORDS wrong? Well bugger me! :D That's never happened to me before. I'm not sure which bit you refer to, but I'll have a listen, just to hate on myself. :D

Mrs. Po's always ready to take a swing at me. I have to hide the bat. But point taken - that isn't her top drawer performance but her vocals always have a certain something, I think.

Thanks. :D

Think I came off wrong here. My point in commenting was that it was a few tweaks away from a great take. Your chords weren't wrong. Just that the prominent high note you hit should be an E rather than an Ab your hitting on the E string. May have have actually played as an interval lick over an open E string rather than a full chord. And I think the Mrs. Could give Chrissie a run for her money on this song. Or any really. Very nice work..........

Back