BRAND NEW 2000 ROLAND VS-1680 MANUAL PDF FILE!!

That's the one I used to. First time I called the person said the manuel wouldn't be out for a month. I waited a week, someone else answered and sold it to me.

Here's how I came across this file...

I recently purchased a VS-1680 used, but I did not get a manual with it. I called Roland and asked about ordering a manual. They said if I sent them a copy of my receipt, it would be $29. I told them I bought it used and didn't have a receipt. So the person at Roland said without a receipt, the manual is $169!!!!

WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Roland rep I talked to said due to the Japanese "grey market" sales of Roland products, i.e. Japanese models being sold in the USA, they had to charge that much to discourage it. (Makes NO sense!)

WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why should I have to be punished because of the illegal activites that OTHERS choose to participate in? Even though Roland is NOTORIOUS for the WORST manuals anywhere, it is a necessary evil for you to operate the machine, at least initially. And it usually isn't until you really need a reference on a function on a Roland product that you realize how crappily (is that a word?) their manuals are written, how hard it is to understand them sometimes and all the shit they leave out!

So I was PISSED!!!!!!!
In my highly disgruntled state, I scoured the web for ALL the info I could find on the VS-1680. And low and behold, I found a 2000 version of the VS-1680 manual in a PDF file!!!

AND HERE'S HOW TO GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.filesanywhere.com
Username: BillTalbot
Password: Bill

One is a ZIP file, the other the unzipped PDF file. Both are the same, so which ever of the two works for you!!

GO GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been a Roland supporter/consumer for almost all my freak'n life, and this is how Roland chose to reward me, by trying to stiff me for $169!!! Well F-You Roland!!!!

This seems to be a new thing for Roland. I worked for one of the big name music stores about 5 years ago (which I won't name, but the last part of their name rhymes with ASS!) and I ordered manuals for several Roland products directly from Roland, and never heard of them charging such an outrageous price!!!

Oh well, I am done venting....
If this message helps you, then cool!
If this message offends you, then cool!

Has anyone else noticed that everyone in the world has email support except Roland? And no 800 support number? And every Roland interface I have sucks, and we all already know about the stinking manuals. I say we kick em, then we hang em, then we beat em, then we kill em....THEN we get out the rake and wail on their ass!!!!

[This message has been edited by monty (edited 06-06-2000).]

All I did was call them and ordered the new manual for $15, post paid, with no questions about receipt or nothin.' Great manual.

DAMN!!!!!! $15.00..!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

You guys are lucky!!!

If you could please tell me the phone number you called, order number and/or item number I would really appreciate it!!!

THANKS!!!

I talked to Roland and the manual you guys got is the USER'S GUIDE. ($14.95)
It was written by Roland employees, and is the same thing that you can get for free via the link I posted.

To get the OWNER'S MANUAL, you MUST have a receipt or serial number (first time I heard that one), and it is $29.95.

But I think that the OWNER'S MANUAL is the ORIGINAL manual, which does NOT include the VXpanded features, so it sounds like a waste of money.

I think I will be ok with the USER'S MANUAL and JW's VS GUIDE, which is AWESOME!!!!

Hey Baked!
That is a cool site.....very fast too.
Tell me, how do you get the listing of who's on line???If you didn't give me the info for you, then all I can get is my login info.
Thanks

Ears: I don't know what you are talking about.

If you are asking something about where the file is posted, I don't know. That is not me or my account. I mearly stumbled upon the info on how to get it. Other than that, I have no information.

Manuals supplied with my VS890 were the user guide, owners manual and Appendices which covers all the effects and midi stuff. The owners guide is not as useful as the manual as it doesn't go into sufficlent detail.

Back