Branching Out...a bit

this sounds better than your usual.. I think whatever you did worked.. nice warm sound.. I thought the bass sound could be different.. sometimes it was too much and added boomyness.. the acoustic sound is pretty sweet..vocal might be a tad loud.. the outro vocal ooohhs could be better.. good song.. It didn't have that harshness that I'm starting to here everywhere.. nice vocal sound too!

50's ballad style!

Thats my first impression..........
Then the singing brings it up to date somewhat.
I came and listened and liked it.:)

Nice stuff, powderman. I'll start by paying what IMO is the highest of all compliments: the song is quite catchy. I likes.

The rest of what I have to say is just your basic obligatory mix comments. If you left it exactly as is, I would have no problem.

1. Guitar has a real nice, clean sound to it.
2. Harp can come up in the beginning. It seems to be blending into the git, and kinda gets lost.
3. Bass jumps out in certain spots (e.g., 1:04, 1:15). I don't know what's going on with it. Maybe needs some eq to tame certain notes, or compression. Not sure, but it comes on too strong on certain notes.
4. Anyone who knows to cut a song at 3:00 minutes gets an A+ in my book, and 5 stars for that. :D

fprod south - i never noticed the bass problem until i listened to it on my car stereo.....definitely needs either eq or compression....i'm not quite sure, but i'll have to try both...thanks

B.SABBATH - thanks for checking it out....i hear you on the bass (above) and am going to look into it....i probably retrack that end vocal too

HevyD47Ca - a couple people have noted that 50s progression...i actually never gave it much thought, so it's funny to hear that....thanks for checking it out

dachay2tnr - checking the bass (see above)....yup, under 3:00...my last two have been rather short.....i've taken a lot to short songs lately, and underwriting rather than overwriting (have you heard 'songbird' by oasis....great example of that).....further more, i've never been much of a bridge writer...i'll use one if the song is begging for it, but unless i can come up w/ one that adds to the song, i just leave it out......

Back