Br900

jazzmando

Hello there
I just joined this site today and I have a problem. I just started using a piece of gear I have never used before, a Boss BR900CD. I tried recording my voice speaking into it through a microphone and it's distorting pretty bad. I used the mic 2 input and sens nob at 12 o'clock and the input level the same. Then I tried used the built in mic as well with the same results. I do not have a OEM power supply is the only thing. The specs from Boss's web site says it requires 9V and 900 mA. I am using a H Pro 9V and 1300 mA AC adapter thinking that should be OK. At any rate, I wouldn't think the AC adapter would be the problem, would it?
Appreciate the help

Try turning the sensitivity/gain knob down until it's not distorting/clipping first, re-record, and see if that takes care of your problem.

The H PRO adapter is exactly the one I was using do you think I have damaged the unit?
Thanks for pointing this out
Brian

Hi there
I just tried it I don't get anymore distortion. Yay. The adaptor you have is output 9V 1A 9W and the one I have is output 9V 2A 18W and it has a negative tip, my understanding is higher amps is Ok but I wasn't sure about higher watts. I will try to reach roland to make sure. Any thoughts? Man I really appreciate your help on this.
Cheers Brian

Yep I found the PSB-120 on Amazon and they say it replace the PSB-1U I think I'm in business again thanks so much for your help.
Brian

Higher amperage is ok, the unit will only draw what it needs. Higher voltage is not ok, though, make sure its a 9volt adapter. I used a 12 volt one on my Boss BR600 (bought it used, that's what the guy sent) and eventually it burnt out a capacitor on the power circuit.

Back