BR8 Recording

brtaln1

2 part ??

I record with the br8 then Mix the results and record to cd through optical connection. It seems the only way to use an effect is to send my BR8 out put, to an effect like the composer and then to cd with RCA connectors. By going RCA and not digital how much will it effect the sound of the recording?

Would using a limiter while recording vocals limit keep the vocals from peaking s well as creating a more fuller sound??

Thanks!!

Hey! Ive used a Boss BR8 to record for th past year or so now! I use it just to knock up simple stuff or guide tracks quick cos I have got a Mac studio!
You can get some really good results with the BR8 and some good sound quality too.
I will answer your 2nd question 1st as its the easier of the 2 to answer, to stop ur vocals from clipping and give them a fuller sound what u need is a Compressor/limiter. The compressor will push all the sound waves together and depending on what threshold u set will give u alot or little compression and the limiter will limit u to what u set the threshold to! So u will be getting 2 actions in 1. The compreeor will be pushing every thing to a simular sort of volume and give more beef and punch while the limiter will stop u from goin over a certian level or clipping.
Ur 1st question the RCA shouldnt effect the sound to much or be that noticeable, what u have got to remember ur now recording to pro quality in the first place so a bit of lose in quality probably wont be audiable to u while using things like the BR8. The best wat to insert FX on the BR8 if u want to use external FX if to get ur self a mixer with insert points on the back of it and fx sends and recives on it this way u can insert a compressor and fx via ur mixer which u then record straight into the BR8. U can pick up a decent quality mixer for reasonable prices.
If u get a mixer I would recomend a Behringer as they are not going to break the bank as they are very cheap and are excellent quality for what u want look at the site www.behringer.de and take a look at the eurorack series of mixers.
If u dont understand a word of what I have just said or need help on mixer choice just get in touch!
Hope that was a help ;)

Back