Br8 conversion

brtaln1

If i am understanding this right, it is possible to take the zip disc I have recorded, pull each of the 8 tracks off, use my computer based system to add further effects, then, put the tracks back on to the zip disc and then mixdown from my BR8 to my external phillips cd recorder? Can any one give me feed back on their results? I would like to do this to take advantage of the computer based plug ins if others have had descent results.

Thanks !!

You cannot download the files from the zip disk onto your computer. the langauge is not compatible. Is this what you are asking?

Conversion answers

File type conversion is possible using the program downloadable from the boss site (www.bossus.com). it will convert all 64 trax (yes, the v-trax too) to files with the .wav extention that then can be imported into any editing program for further manipulation.

The conversion program also allows the reverse procedure; that is, you can then convert any .wav file into the br-8 format for use in your portable unit.

I use the above to import files into cool edit in order to delete extraneous noise from quiet passages in songs, add effects not available with the br-8 (although, there's not many that boss hasn't thought of already and included them in the br-8 -- you just need some study time to master them) and even mixdown and master right from my PC to CD.

Check it out for yourself, good luck.

Back