BR-532 with monitors

johnd

Hello. I have already asked this question on the Roland board, but have gotten no responses yet. Maybe someone here can help me......

I am trying to hook up a set of Yamaha active monitors to my Boss BR-532 digital 4 track. The monitors are set up like this: the speakers plug into the subwoofer, which is where the amp is. The only input into the subwoofer is a cable with a 1/8" male plug. This input cable cannot be removed from the subwoofer.

The way I tried it was I plugged a 1/8" to 1/4" adapter into the cable, plugged that into a Y cable with a 1/4" plug to 2 male RCA plugs, then plugged the RCA's into the line out of my BR-532. It works, but sound only comes out of one speaker. How, without plugging the monitors into my headphone jack, can I make this work out of both speakers?

Sounds like your 1/8 to 1/4 adapter is not a stereo plug. Does it have one band (usually green or black)on the end or two? One is mono.

Pete

Thanks for responding. I am at work right now, but I am pretty sure that it is a stereo adapter. If I am right, what else could the problem be?

Back