Bouncing Tracks on BR-8

Telegib

Hi Gang,

Frequent reader, occasional poster....

I had a BR-8 for over a year and love it. I've never done much bouncing ( I don't like to lose control over the effects placed on certain instruments so I don't bounce much)...

anyway, I started recording a tune in regular recording "Input" mode...recorded 2 separate keyboard tracks ( tracks 2&3)...I then wanted to bounce these together on tracks 7&8 to free up some track space....did that,it worked fine....BUT, now I want to go back and record some guitar parts on the other free tracks and when I push the record "input" button to designate that I want this to record in input mode, not bouce, all the track lights go out and theres nothing there...all recording is gone....it's like nothing was ever recorded...

So, I eject the disk and do not save it, when I place the disk back into the BR-8, all the recording is there but the BR-8 is back on "Bounce" display in the record mode....

IOW...it seems like once I bounce record on a tune, that the only way it will allow to record more over it...

I want to be able to "input mode" record and bounce record on the same tune.

Does this make sense ? Understand ?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Telegib.

Hey Telegib, I think I can help!!!!

School of Hard Knocks grad.

Ok, here's what happens when you bounce on the BR-8

Example: Tracks 1 & 2 bounced to T 3.

After the bounce is completed, the machine automatically moves each track to the next available "vurtual" track.

So, in my example say 1, 2 & 3 were all recorded on "v" tracks 1.
Move track 3 back to "v" track 1 & there is your bounced tracks 1 & 2 now on track 3.

If you like the mix, I wound suggest you back to tracks 1 & 2 and do the same thing (move them back to "v" track 1). Then delete those tracks & optimize to clean it up & save recording data space (computer space or what ever it is).

Once you've done this, you should be able to hit the input put & carry on my friend.

Hope this helps.
\
cj

Back