Bouncing to Disc (pro-tools)

No difference really,except that WAV is native PC format and AIF is native mac. They both seem to work on both systems these days, though.

You might run into some compatibility problems with your CD burning software. I think I once bounced to AIF and tried to burn it on someone else's PC and it couldn't do it. That happened once. (shrug)

Shouldn't make much difference otherwise.

-C

Chris Shaeffer said:
You might run into some compatibility problems with your CD burning software. I think I once bounced to AIF and tried to burn it on someone else's PC and it couldn't do it. That happened once. (shrug)

Shouldn't make much difference otherwise.

-C

yeah, that's exactly what will happen. not sure if it's just a PC thing...but I've never been able to burn Aiffs to an audio CD. Just remember 44.1kHz, 16 bit, stereo .WAV file for CD and you'll be fine.

bennychico11 said:
yeah, that's exactly what will happen. not sure if it's just a PC thing...but I've never been able to burn Aiffs to an audio CD. Just remember 44.1kHz, 16 bit, stereo .WAV file for CD and you'll be fine.

Thanks for the responses!

tim

wav and aif are exactly the same except for the header info. 16 bit 44.1k wav = 16 bit 44.1k aiff.

Back